Objective 4.1: Promote a culture where AFTD staff can continue to thrive, succeed, and grow by implementing two new Human Resources Development initiatives annually, and monitoring for success.
- 4.1.1 In all HR systems, policies, and procedures, integrate AFTD’s values of knowledge, compassion, collaboration, respect, and dignity.
- 4.1.2 Continue to expand learning and development initiatives to promote Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion for staff.
- 4.1.3 Create succession development plans.
Objective 4.2: Drive AFTD’s ability to analyze, understand, and engage with our community by implementing three high-impact technology and process enhancements annually.
- 4.2.1 Strengthen internal capacity to lead and implement technology initiatives.
- 4.2.2 Assess and improve technology and process tools to securely drive productivity and collaboration.
- 4.2.3 Create consensus around priorities and a robust roadmap for success.
Objective 4.3: Implement metrics to measure AFTD’s impact in each of our five mission areas.
- 4.3.1 Identify and build or acquire the skill sets needed to accomplish this work.
- 4.3.2 Define and collect data on key metrics across our mission areas and operations.
- 4.3.3 Create an integrated, organization-wide mechanism to collect formal community feedback.
- 4.3.4 Communicate progress on key metrics to internal and external stakeholders.
Objective 4.4: Ensure that the organization has processes, policies, and procedures to identify and protect against an evolving risk landscape.
- 4.4.1 Continuously identify, assess, and prioritize risks.
- 4.4.2 Evaluate existing processes, policies, and procedures, identify needs and gaps, and create and implement plans to address gaps and monitor risk.
Objective 4.5: Develop the composition, knowledge, and tools of the AFTD Board to ensure strong, representative, and dynamic governance as the organization continues to evolve and mature.
- 4.5.1 Cultivate a robust and diverse pipeline of Board candidates.
- 4.5.2 Ensure Board members are engaged and find Board service to be a rewarding experience.
- 4.5.3 Design and implement a Board education program.