AFTD’s mission is to improve the quality of life of people affected by FTD and drive research to a cure. We work every day to advance:
- Research. We promote and fund research toward diagnosis, treatment and a cure.
- Awareness. We stimulate greater public awareness and understanding.
- Support. We provide information and support to those directly impacted.
- Education. We promote and provide education for healthcare professionals.
- Advocacy. We advocate for research and appropriate, affordable services.
AFTD envisions a world where frontotemporal degeneration is understood, effectively diagnosed, treated, cured and ultimately prevented.
AFTD values knowledge, collaboration, respect, dignity, and compassion. These values are core to our ability to lead a network of caregivers, persons diagnosed, medical professionals and government to forge change that will deliver our mission and achieve our vision.