From Hope to Action:
Goal 3: Advance awareness of FTD, and expand AFTD’s national and global reach.
Priority: Awareness and Engagement
People and families affected by FTD often gain knowledge of this disease through great struggle and at great personal cost. Fostering widespread awareness of this disease is the first step to address this challenge.
Objective 3.1: Increase awareness of FTD each year, as measured by analytics and trend data.
- 3.1.1 Craft an integrated Marketing Communications Plan by July 2023.
- 3.1.2 Establish IT infrastructure to support and measure impact.
- 3.1.3 Define annual marketing plans and ongoing campaigns/themes to align engagement across advocacy, research, education, volunteer/fundraising efforts, and development.
- 3.3.4 Increase AFTD’s online reach by 100% across all platforms.
- 3.1.5 Strategically partner to expand global awareness of FTD.
Objective 3.2: Develop an AFTD advocacy agenda and the infrastructure to pursue 3 priority initiatives.
- 3.2.1 Define advocacy roles at multiple levels to support the advocacy agenda.
- 3.2.2 Develop an advocacy agenda that includes both federal and state issues.
- 3.2.3 Expand tools, content, and processes to recruit and mobilize community advocates.
- 3.2.4 Promote agenda frequently to mobilize advocates in priority actions.
Objective 3.3: Increase volunteer engagement by 100%, as measured by number of volunteers and variety of mission-related volunteer opportunities.
- 3.3.1 Conduct comprehensive baseline assessment of all volunteer activities across the organization.
- 3.3.2 Engage volunteers in new roles to better meet our mission.
- 3.3.3 Develop and implement a unified and comprehensive outreach approach and infrastructure to expand, develop and diversify the volunteer base.
Objective 3.4: Empower 50% more donors and organizations to collaborate on sustaining and advancing AFTD’s mission.
- 3.4.1 Define and begin to implement a 3-year fundraising plan by September 2022.
- 3.4.2 Continually refine development process and tools including annual assessment of efficiency and ROI.
- 3.4.3 Maximize how AFTD virtual and hybrid events connect, inform, support, and empower our community.
- 3.4.4 Identify, benchmark, and pursue new mission aligned revenue models.
Infrastructure is critical for supporting the expansion of AFTD’s programs and services to reach more people and families impacted by FTD.