Comstock Travel Grant
Please review the following information before applying. If you have any questions please contact us at ComstockGrants@theaftd.org.
Comstock Travel Grant Goals
- Improve access to current information and resources in FTD care and research for family caregivers and people with the disease.
- Provide modest financial assistance to make it possible to attend an FTD education event.
How to Qualify
- Applicant must be an immediate family member who is actively involved in the care of a loved-one with FTD; a primary unpaid caregiver for a person with FTD, or a person diagnosed with an FTD disorder who is active on their own behalf.
- Applicant must be a resident of the US.
- Only one travel grant will be awarded per family for each event.
- Individuals can only receive one travel grant per AFTD fiscal year (July 1st – June 30th).
- Maximum amount awarded for a single travel grant is $500.
- Funds can only be used for education conferences or educational events approved by AFTD.
- Travel grants are paid through reimbursement. Applicant bears sole responsibility for contacting AFTD to request reimbursement and submitting receipts for approved travel expenses.
- Approved travel expenses include; lodging, airfare or other transportation costs including reimbursement for mileage (at the current rate used by the United States I.R.S.). Grant cannot be used to cover rental cars or meals eaten while traveling. Other expenses must be approved by AFTD before receipts may be submitted for reimbursement.
- AFTD will send reimbursement checks to applicants by mail after the date of the event or conference attended.
- Applicant will only be reimbursed for the amount of approved expenses shown on receipts and up to the total amount awarded. Reimbursements are made in US dollars only. You can anticipate reimbursement with in 4-6 weeks.
- Travel Grant Application must be received by AFTD prior to the date of the event or conference to be attended.
- Grantee must submit travel receipts to AFTD within 60 days from the final date of the conference or event attended. Receipts submitted after 60 days will not be reimbursed.
Comstock Travel Grant Application