AFTD Holloway Postdoctoral Fellowships
Made possible by the generous support of the Holloway Family Fund
The AFTD Holloway Postdoctoral Fellowship program provides funding for the next generation of FTD researchers. By supporting talented young investigators during this critical phase of their scientific training, AFTD aims to inspire a long-standing commitment to FTD research.
For the 2021-2023 award cycle, up to 3 fellowships will be funded, thanks to the generosity of the Holloway Family Fund. Please refer to the RFP for more information.
The Timeline below shows important dates in the 2021-2023 funding cycle.
- Duration: Two years, beginning on July 1 and ending on June 30 of the second year
- Amount of award (USD): $60,000/ year ($120,000 total)
- Application of funds: Postdoctoral stipend + benefits. Any remaining funds may be applied to:
- Travel to relevant scientific meetings
- Research expenses (direct costs only)
- Publication costs
Who can apply?
- Applicants with a PhD, MD, or similar doctorate degree engaged in FTD research at an academic institution, teaching hospital, or nonprofit research institute.
- Applicants must have a postdoctoral appointment that extends to the end of to the end of the two-year funding period (June 30, 2023).
- U.S. and international investigators.
- Researchers holding temporary or permanent staff scientist positions are not eligible.
AFTD-Target ALS Collaboration to Access Core Resources
Through a cooperative arrangement with AFTD, Target ALS, a nonprofit organization committed to advancing research on the related neurodegenerative disorder amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, is extending access to its core facilities for post-mortem brain tissue, human stem cells, and viral vectors to AFTD postdoctoral fellows. See RFP for more details.
- October 2020: RFPs posted; online submission portal opens
- January 2021: Application deadline
- April 2021: Notification of awards
- July 1, 2021: Fellowship start date
2020 Holloway Postdoctoral Fellowship RFP and application deadline
The RFP for the 2020 Holloway Postdoctoral Fellowships is now available; click here to view.
Deadline for applications: January 29, 2021, 5:00 PM ET
AFTD Application Portal
Click here to log in or create your account.
General Instructions for Applicants
Click here to download instructions to help you as you apply for an AFTD Holloway Postdoctoral Fellowship.
For more information, please contact:
- Debra Niehoff, PhD, Research Manager, AFTD
Phone: 267-758-8654 / Email: [email protected]