AFTD supports scientists at various stages of their careers in order to advance the understanding of FTD biology and basic disease mechanisms, identify novel approaches to diagnosis and treatment, and develop assistive technologies that support patients in carrying out the activities of daily living.
For over a decade, AFTD has funded innovative basic and clinical research conducted by talented investigators worldwide. Through its various grant programs, AFTD has awarded millions in funding – $3 million during our most recent fiscal year alone. Together, AFTD and the Alzheimer’s Drug Discovery Foundation (ADDF) have provide funding for FTD translational research. And two new funding opportunities — the FTD Biomarkers Initiative and the Treat FTD Fund – focus on two critical areas of research: biomarker discovery/development and clinical trials for FTD.
Click the links below for more information about AFTD’s funding opportunities.
- FTD Biomarkers Initiative
- The Treat FTD Fund**Accepting LOIs through 2/5/21**
- Accelerating Drug Discovery for Frontotemporal Degeneration
- ADDF Diagnostics Accelerator Funding for FTD Biomarker Development
- AFTD Pilot Grants
- AFTD Holloway Postdoctoral Fellowships**Accepting applications through 1/29/21**
- AFTD and Target ALS Partnership