Our Vision, Mission and Values
The Association for Frontotemporal Degeneration (AFTD) is a non-profit organization.
We envision a world where frontotemporal degeneration is understood, effectively diagnosed, treated, cured and ultimately prevented.
Our mission is to improve the quality of life of people affected by FTD and drive research to a cure.
We work every day to advance:
- RESEARCH: We promote and fund research toward diagnosis, treatment and a cure.
- AWARENESS: We stimulate greater public awareness and understanding.
- SUPPORT: We provide information and support to those directly impacted.
- EDUCATION: We promote and provide education for healthcare professionals.
- ADVOCACY: We advocate for research and appropriate, affordable services.
We value knowledge, collaboration, respect, dignity, and compassion. These values are core to our ability to lead a network of caregivers, persons diagnosed, medical professionals and government to forge change that will deliver our mission and achieve our vision.
To read more about AFTD’s history from our founding in 2002 through 2012 download the document via the link below: