Our Mission and Vision
The Association for Frontotemporal Degeneration (AFTD) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to:
- Promote and fund research into finding the cause, therapies and cures for frontotemporal degeneration
- Provide information, education and support to persons diagnosed with an FTD disorder, and for their families and caregivers
- Educate physicians and allied health professionals about frontotemporal degeneration and how to improve patient care
- Bring about greater public awareness of the nature and prevalence of frontotemporal degeneration and the needs of those who are coping with it
- Advocate with public officials and promote public and private programs that provide appropriate, affordable and high-quality, long-term health care and social services
- Facilitate the international exchange of ideas.
Affirming our mission:
We envision a world where frontotemporal degeneration is understood, effectively diagnosed, treated, cured and ultimately prevented.