Our Mission and Vision
The Association for Frontotemporal Degeneration (AFTD) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to:
- Promote and fund research into finding the cause, therapies and cures for frontotemporal degeneration
- Provide information, education and support to persons diagnosed with an FTD disorder, and for their families and caregivers
- Educate physicians and allied health professionals about frontotemporal degeneration and how to improve patient care
- Bring about greater public awareness of the nature and prevalence of frontotemporal degeneration and the needs of those who are coping with it
- Advocate with public officials and promote public and private programs that provide appropriate, affordable and high-quality, long-term health care and social services
- Facilitate the international exchange of ideas.
Affirming our mission:
We envision a world where frontotemporal degeneration is understood, effectively diagnosed, treated, cured and ultimately prevented.
To read more about AFTD’s history from our founding in 2002 through 2012 download the document via the link below: